The ornamental gardens is an inspiring and tranquil public space.There are vast amount of plant varieties and historic collections. Located near the Arboretum and Dow’s lake it is a wonderful place to relax.
Memorable or Unique Characteristic(s) :
- Public seating, popular photo venue, free parking and loads of beautiful plants
Events and Festivals:
- Close proximity to the Agriculture and Agri-food Museum that hosts plenty of festivals.
Features of the Space:
- Receives everyday use
- Encourages social interaction
- Provides a sense of comfort and safety
- Reflects community’s local character
- Creates a sense of community
- Promotes multi-generational engagement
- Incorporates new/innovative public features
- Access to public transit
- Public art
- Pleasant landscape
Historic or Heritage Features:
- Plenty of buildings, plant collections and hardscaping.
- In 1998 the entire experimental farm was declared a national historic site.
- Pedestrian walkways
- Cycling paths or lanes
- Public transit (such as buses)
- Parking spaces
- The farm focuses on preservation methods for the historic entities.